Guide eyetv not updating program I'm master when
How to force EyeTV Guide Updates at a better time than 3am
IceTV update the TV guide during the day to ensure that your recorder has the latest guide data and up to date recording schedules. Elgato's EyeTV software only updates it's guide once a day, at 3am. But for accurate recording you want EyeTV to update the guide in the late afternoon or early evening. Between 4pm and 6pm is ideal.
Below is the information needed so that you can force the Elgato EyeTV guide to update itself from IceTV at a better time of day than the EyeTV default of 3am.
A. First you need to download the 'automator workflow' from here:
After downloading you will need to unzip, or extract, the EyeTV_UpdateEpg.zip file.
Note: If you have OS X 10.8 or later please see the note at the end.
B. Next you will need to setup a schedule so that OS X runs the EyeTV_UpdateEpg.app each day and whenever OS X starts up. We're going to show you how by using the free MacScheduler app.
Download a copy of MacScheduler for your version of Mac OS X from here:
C. Now set MacScheduler to launch the EyeTV_UpdateEpg.app as follows:
- Launch MacScheduler.
- Click on the New Launch button on the Schedule Manager window.
In the Application Launch setup window:
- Give it a title, maybe IceTV Update.
- Set it for tomorrow's date.
- Set it for 5pm.
- Click on the Browse button and browse to EyeTV_UpdateEpg.app.
- Launch at computer startup.
- Repeat every day.
- Activate between 4pm and 6pm.
- Click on the OK button.
That's it. Now your Mac will launch EyeTV and force a guide update between 4pm and 6pm each day, and whenever your computer starts.
As long as you have EyeTV set to check for new schedules every hour it should always know about program late changes in the guide.
Please check the following EyeTV settings:
- In the EyeTV menu click on 'Window'.
- Click on 'EyeTV Preferences'.
- Click on 'Guide'.
- Make sure that 'Check' is set to 'Every Hour'.
- Make sure that 'IceTV Device Label' is set to your EyeTV device.
Note for users of OS X 10.8 or later
OS X 10.8 introduced a new Gatekeeper security feature that tries to prevent you from running or installing applications that weren't downloaded from the Mac App store.
Option 1: Override Gatekeeper for just IceTV_UpdateEpg
- Control-Click on IceTV_UpdateEpg. You should see the Finder’s contextual menu.
- Select ‘Open’. Mac OS X will display a warning that the installer or app is from an unidentified developer and ask you to confirm that you want to open it.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button. This will allow IceTV_UpdateEpg to run on your computer.
Then do the same for MacScheduler, if needed.
Option 2: Disable Gatekeeper altogether
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon in the lower-left corner and enter your administrator username and password.
- Under “Allow applications downloaded from”, select “Anywhere”.