Dat. your xbox 360 updating fine
[Update 2] Bangladeshi users can now download the dashboard update via Xbox Live. I’m done half-way through.
Microsoft has released the Kinect Xbox 360 Dashboard update which is available for download now. Your Xbox 360 should automatically update the next time you sign into Xbox Live.
Alternatively, you can download the Kinect Dashboard update, put it into a pen drive/burn to a CD and update your Xbox 360.
[Update] It seems Bangladeshi users can’t get the update yet via Xobx Live. I signed in and did not get the notification to update yet.
You can also check out the video demo below, after the break.
Here are some highlights:
* Support for Kinect
* ESPN 3, Zune Music, Netflix search functionality
* Browser based Avatar editor: Edit your avatar and preview avatar items before purchase
* Combined views for messages, friend and game requests
* Improved notification of your account subscription
* Leverage Family Reports to understand what your family is doing and how they are using LIVE
* Play web games with your Xbox LIVE friends on the web or on Windows Phone 7
* Marketplace: More powerful search and more intuitive ways to browse and filter
* Improved forum layout
* Improved voice quality — the audio codec is being updated to improve Xbox LIVE Party chat audio quality. So grab your friends and jump into a multiplayer game, catch a big sports event, watch a movie or do all three.
* Improved experience for changing your Gamertag — choosing a new Gamertag? If the Gamertag you’re looking for is already taken, your Avatar will spin a wheel and we will provide five other Gamertag suggestions at a time for you to choose from.
* Streamlined in-dashboard virtual keyboard — we’ve taken the existing QWERTY keyboard in-dash and made it easier to use for scenarios that involve repeated text entry, for example when signing up for LIVE within the dashboard.
* Improved Xbox LIVE Marketplace UI and browse experience — the Games Marketplace has been re-organized to provide streamlined access to the games and content you want, reducing the number of steps it takes to get to a download.
* Avatar changes — we’ve made your Avatars slightly more proportional so you can better play Kinect games
* Easier to get on a wireless network — trying to connect to a wireless network? With the next update, you’ll see a list of all the wireless networks within range when you go into network settings. From there, you’ll be able to select a new network or further configure the network you’re connected to.
* Ability to sign-out other controllers in the sign-in UI — we’re adding the ability to sign-out profiles on other controllers in the sign-in UI within the Guide. This is especially useful when playing games like Rock Band.
* New browse experience for 100% completed games — you spent a lot of time and effort earning those Achievements, so instead of only being able to view your first dozen completed games, we’re giving you a new and better way to browse all of them.